Is walking your dog a fun, enjoyable experience, or is your dog pulling on the leash during the entire walk? Who's walking who? If you need help with heel training Pack Dynamics is here to help you 'Take the Lead'.
Pack Dynamics Dog Training Review
Sarah Anne is the most effective trainer I have ever met because she truly takes time to understand each individual dog and owner. I have rescue dogs for 25 years, own a dog boarding facility and have worked with many trainers and become quite cynical during these years . Sarah Anne was a breath of fresh air : She is loving, perceptive and very good at explaining things - my 3 dogs and I really blossomed under her tutelage( we took the package deal) Thank you , Sarah Anne for all you do for dogs and people !
How to keep dogs calm on Halloween
Halloween can be so much fun for children and adults, but can be a stressful time for dogs. Children are usually laughing and very excited as they arrive at your front door, this high energy can be stressful for dogs. They are also dressed in costumes, which can be overwhelming and scary for some dogs, as they can look even more threatening to dogs who are protective or reactive to people wearing things out of the ordinary. Below are a few steps that you can take to help reduce their anxiety while trick-or-treaters arrive on your doorstep tonight.
- Put your dog/s in another room while you and your family members put on your costumes tonight. Remember that dogs can become afraid if they see you wearing something out of the ordinary, like a huge hat or strange Halloween make-up.
- Take your dog/s out to go potty before trick-or-treaters arrive and put them in a room as far away from the front door as possible, like a bedroom. If your dog is crate trained the crate would be best.
- Turn on the TV or a radio in the room so that it helps drown out the noise as the children arrive. Watch for children arriving so that you can be there to answer the door as they walk up and reduce the amount of doorbell rings or knocks.
- Give your dog a bone to chew on to help relieve anxiety.
- Or you may just choose to turn off your porch light and have a quiet night in.
Sarah-Anne will help you speak "dog." After two easy rescues, we adopted a third and realized we were in over our heads with this one. Within 2 hours of following Sarah-Anne's suggestions we had a different dog. Sarah-Anne's version of training is insightful, peaceful, positive and kind. She is extremely professional and is there promptly to support us any time new issues come up. Highly Recommended!!
Sarah-Anne with Pack Dynamics has been SO amazing with helping me and my little dog, Niko. Although Niko is almost 7 and many people have told me to give up the thought that I would be able to train him at this point, Pack Dynamics has given me the tools to change the way Niko and I communicate and the difference (in just 2 months) has been truly incredible. Not only does it make me happy to have a more settled dog, but he has been so much more relaxed and increasingly less anxious. I HIGHLY recommend Pack Dynamics' services if you're looking for an approach to dog training that is about love, communication and understanding instead of control and demands. Thank you Pack Dynamics!